IMS new "The Single" filter basket

One of the latest novelties in espresso tools is the single basket by IMS called "The Single". At the 2014 Rimini convention many could try it out and this resulted in lots of chatter on the forums and other channels even though the basket wasn't yet available in large enough numbers for people to order one.

Now, I've found a reseller in Amsterdam and he brought me the first of the baskets he received to try out.

I mostly use my single baskets just to measure roast colours, because that way I do not need to fill a big basket but I gave up using them for espresso because they can be so finnicky.

The IMS single looks very easy in contrast. I should probably dose 1g more and/or grind a little finer (got one schpritzer) but overall the very first extraction was quite nice.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tiny Cheap Fluid Bed Roaster by Tije and Jan

Finished Pavoni & Fuji PXG4 pid: Probe Inside the Ring

TC4+ boards and Arduino controlled roaster by Matthias Gerstgrasser