Line / pre-infusion pressure boost


The HX / brew head of my L1-P espresso machine is connected to the water line so the pre-infusion pressure is the same as the line pressure.

In my home, line pressure after water passes the Bestmax filter was nearly 2 bar, but the advised 'ideal' line pressure is around 3 bar.

This morning, the plumber paid me a visit and installed a line pressure booster.

It has three settings. OFF is pretty obvious. AUTO means that it starts when a flow speed of 1.5 liter per min is detected and MANUAL means that it's on permanently.

I set the switch on MANUAL, then connected the power lug to a cable with a switch on the right leg of the trolley that my Londinium espresso machine sits on, so I can switch on the booster for a few seconds during pre-infusion.

Now, the pre-infusion pressure is higher and when releasing the lever, it catches at an earlier stage in a gradual manner. I can grind a little finer as the initial brew spring pressure is higher now as well.





And it works! Nearly 3 bar (earlier it would approach 2)

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tiny Cheap Fluid Bed Roaster by Tije and Jan

Finished Pavoni & Fuji PXG4 pid: Probe Inside the Ring

TC4+ boards and Arduino controlled roaster by Matthias Gerstgrasser