The Shadow of Your Ethiopian Smile


My recent roast of natural-processed Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Gelana abaya beans (bought from Het Hoofdkwartier) turned out quite special and even as a lungo / americano, diluted with water, it's quite floral, very very sweet and mild. The tip to try this came from Reiss Gunson (who added the tip below)-- thanks Reiss!

PS: By all means, also try a little less water, like 60g, and a longer espresso shot, 50-60g from the 18g dose of grinds. Result is creamier.  
PS 2: One reader replies "Sorry u should put espresso directly into water. like this you keep full crema."
My reply:
I agree that I could do that, not that I "should" do that. One of the reasons I did not do it that way is that I want the hot water to cool down before coffee enters, and also on camera it looks filthy, as if someone poops into a swimming pool 😉 

Roasted on Coffee-Tech FZ-94, ground on a COMPAK E5, extracted on a LONDINIUM L1 machine. Scales by Acaia.

Roast profile for this batch:

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tiny Cheap Fluid Bed Roaster by Tije and Jan

Finished Pavoni & Fuji PXG4 pid: Probe Inside the Ring

TC4+ boards and Arduino controlled roaster by Matthias Gerstgrasser